LATEST UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 2020
UK WITHDRAWAL OF METALDEHYDE: From 31 March 2021 no further supplies from manufacturers will be permitted but distributors can still sell stocks and use can continue until 31 March 2022. From 1 April 2022 it will then be illegal to sell and use metaldehyde products.
MSG stewardship guidelines
Product labels remain unchanged. However, enhanced metaldehyde stewardship guidelines apply to all treatments.
- No pellets to be allowed to fall within a minimum of 10 metres of any field boundary or watercourse
- Use minimum active per ha to avoid drainage and run-off losses
- Maximum application rate 210g metaldehyde a.s/ha* For additional protection of water, suppliers/BASIS advisors may recommend rates reduced to 160g a.s/ha or less*
- Maximum total dose from 1st August to 31st December: 210g metaldehyde a.s/ha* For additional protection of water, suppliers/BASIS advisers may recommend rates reduced to 160g a.s/ha or less*
- Maximum total dose rate: 700g metaldehyde a.s/ha/calendar year**
- Do not apply when heavy rain is forecast
- If drains are flowing do not apply metaldehyde based slug pellets
*from any combination of metaldehyde products
**700g is also the statutory limit
a.s.: active substance (or active ingredient)